- 1 kg ripe tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and trimmed
- 1/2 cup So Good™ Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- salt & pepper
- pasta, cooked according to packet directions
- fresh basil leaves
- Parmesan or vegan Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Slice the tomatoes into quarters and place them cut-side down, in a single layer, on a large baking dish or a rimmed oven tray.
- Add garlic cloves to the tomatoes, drizzle ingredients with olive oil, and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Roast for approx. 40 minutes, stirring half way through, until the tomato juices have started to reduce and the garlic is golden.
- Cool slightly, then transfer tomatoes, garlic, and all pan juices to a blender or food processor. Pulse tomato mixture until smooth, add So Good almond milk and herbs and pulse again. Season to taste if necessary.
- Serve over pasta, with fresh basil and Parmesan.
- Sauce can be stored in a covered container in the fridge for 3–4 days and substituted wherever you’d use jarred tomato sauce. Gently re-heat on the stovetop, but don’t bring to a boil.
- If using cherry tomatoes, halve instead of quartering.
Saturated Fat (g)1
Dietary Fibre (g)2.5