Self-saucing sticky date pudding
What could be better than a pudding that creates it own special spiced caramel source as it bakes. This delicious self sourcing sticky date pudding is the perfect treat for dessert. Filled with natural goodness from dates and So Good unsweetened almond milk, this pudding is vegan and is amazing when its served fresh out of the oven.
- 3/4 cup So Good Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 100 g pitted dates, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the topping
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1?4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp non-dairy butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup So Good Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C, lightly coat a 20 x 20 cm square pan with cooking oil spray. Place pan on a flat baking tray to catch any drips.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, dates, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Add So Good Almond Milk and stir to combine. Spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Combine water, brown sugar and margarine for topping in a large heat-proof jug. Stir until margarine is melted, then add So Good. Pour liquid carefully over the surface of the batter – do not stir!
- Bake for 25-30 mins, until centre is firm and edges are bubbling. Stand for 10 minutes before serving warm.
- Serve with a dollop of low fat dairy-free greek yoghurt and an extra sprinkling of cinnamon if you wish.
Saturated Fat (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)