Marmite™ buckwheat pancakes
These pancakes are a great alternative to your typical sweet unhealthy ones. Made on buckwheat flour, they are super healthy and filling. These buckweat pancakes have a unique twist with the addition of Sanitarium Marmite. Top these pancakes with avocado or pesto and they are devine. Made using So Good Almond Milk, they are diary free adding to their yummy goodness.
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) buckwheat flour
- 1 cup (150g) corn meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 cups (625mls) reduced fat dairy milk or So Good™ Almond milk
- 2* tsp Marmite™
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs olive oil (or spray oil)
- To serve: avocado slices, rocket leaves, pesto and Greek yoghurt
Recipe makes 15 pancakes for 4-6 people
- Mix flour, corn meal, baking powder and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, egg and marmite until well combined and until Marmite™ is dissolved in the liquids.
- Add half of the liquid mix to the flour. Beat well, then stir in remaining liquids. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in frying pan then pour in required amount of pancake batter. Fry one side until bubbles form, flip over and fry other side for 1 minute.
- Serve hot with avocado slices, rocket leaves, pesto and Greek yoghurt.
- *Marmite lovers can add extra 1 tsp of Marmite for a deeper Marmite flavour.
- Serve with dairy free pesto
Saturated Fat (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)