Quick and easy, and packed with delicious cherries, Cherry clafoutis is sure to impress even the harshest critic!
- 300g frozen cherries
- 1 tbs cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ? cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs redued fat margarine, melted
- ¾ cup lite soy or dairy milk
- 2 tbs almond meal
- ¼ cup wholemeal plain flour
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C. Mix cherries and cornflour and place into a 6 cup capacity pie dish.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, vanilla and sugar until well blended. Whisk in margarine and milk. Add almond meal and flour, whisk well then pour mixture over cherries.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until set. Serve with ice cream.
- Clafoutis is a traditional French recipe made by baking fruit into a batter to produce a custard-like dessert. The name comes from the word clafotis which means "to fill up" referring to the batter, which is full of delicious fruit.
Saturated Fat (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)