This easy vegan Foccacia recipe makes sure your foccacia is perfectly crisp on the outside and soft and light on the inside. It's also a great way to get creative and experiement with different herbs, spices and vegetable additions such as sundried tomatoes or olives. Dairy free, this foccacia uses So Good Oat milk and goes perfectly with lunch or diner in soups, stews, casserols, toasties or even marmite.
- 5 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup So Good™ Oat No Added Sugar
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 3 cups plain flour (450g)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 sachet instant yeast (8g)
- 1 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Drizzle 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil into a large non-stick roasting tray or Swiss roll pan (approximately 23cm x 33cm).
- Combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, oat milk, water, flour, rosemary, yeast, fine salt and garlic powder in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat on high speed for 1 minute.
- Scoop the sticky mixture as evenly as possibly into prepared pan. Cover the pan and leave at room temperature for 1 hour, until dough has puffed up and roughly doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180ºC fan bake.
- Use your fingers to gently press dimples into the dough. Drizzle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with coarse salt and leaves from the sprig of rosemary.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Leave in tray for 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Dried rosemary can be used instead of fresh - use 1 1/2 tsp in the dough and 1/2 tsp on top.
- You can decorate the bread with whatever you fancy - try olives or semi-dried tomatoes instead of (or in addition to) rosemary.
Saturated Fat (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)