Carrot, cauliflower and turmeric soup
This creamy carrot and cauliflower soup with turmeric is anti-inflammatory, great for the gut and full of deliciousness. It's a dish that boasts expressive and lasting flavour that is suitable for any type of food setting. Made with So Good Unsweetened Almond Milk, this soup is vegan and dairy free. It offers a great nutiritous combination of many different vegetables and is great to ensure the whole family is getting the nutrients they need. Being gluten free just adds another bonus onto this delicious dish.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground turmeric or 2cm piece of fresh turmeric
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger or 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4 cups (1 l) So Good™ Unsweetened Almond milk
- Greek yoghurt, fresh parsley leaves and chopped pistachios, sumac or chia seeds.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion, garlic, ginger, celery, carrots and cauliflower until tender but not browned.
- Add the nutmeg, turmeric and So Good™ Unsweetened Almond milk. Bring to a simmer, cover and simmer gently until carrots are tender, about 30 minutes. Do not allow the mix to boil rapidly.
- When vegetables are tender, allow to cool a little then puree in batches in a food processor or blender until smooth. Return to a clean soup pan and season to taste. Reheat on a low heat.
- Serve hot and garnished with a spoonful of yoghurt, sprinkling of chopped fresh parsley and chopped pistachios, sumac or chia seeds.
- You can use any root vegetables like parsnips, turnips or beetroot instead of carrots.
Saturated Fat (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)