Our Coconut black rice bowls offer a unique tasty breakfast or dessert option that is made from naturally sweetened, high fibre and antioxidant rich balck rice. It is very easy to prepare and is something you'll grow to love. Perfect for breakfast or dessert, this vegan rice dish is made with So Good Almond Milk Unsweetened and is filled with delcious gluten and dairy free flavours.
- 1 cup black rice
- 1 litre So Good™ Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 400g can reduced fat coconut milk
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Cover black rice with water and stand overnight. Rinse and drain.
- Place soaked rice and almond milk in a saucepan. Bring mixture to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring every few minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for further 10 minutes.
- Top with your choice of fresh fruit.
- Can be served hot or cold. Great summer breakfast idea.
- Black rice is readily available in the supermarket. Soaking the rice overnight reduces the cooking time of the rice. If you do not soak the rice it will still work but just needs longer cooking time.
Saturated Fat (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)