- 2 cups brown rice
- 700mL So Good Oat Milk No Added Sugar
- 300mL salt reduced vegetable stock
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 sprigs lemon thyme
- 150g snow peas, trimmed
- 175g asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 10g pinenuts
- 175g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 75g low fat extra tasty cheese (optional)
- Place rice in a large saucepan and cover well with water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Place So Good Oat Milk No Added Sugar, vegetable stock and 1 cup water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes then stir in garlic, par-cooked rice and lemon thyme. Once the rice is coated in oil, slowly add the oat milk mixture to the pan stirring between batches.
- Whilst the risotto is cooking, blanch snow peas and chopped asparagus in boiling water then drain.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add pinenuts and cook for 1 minute or until golden. Remove and set aside. Spray the same frypan with a little olive oil spray, add cherry tomatoes and toss in pan until skins are slightly blistered. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Once the rice is nearly al dente and most of the liquid has absorbed, stir through snow peas and asparagus. Serve risotto topped with blistered cherry tomatoes and pinenuts. Garnish with crumbled cheese if desired and accompany with green salad.
Saturated Fat (g)2.6
Dietary Fibre (g)8.7