- 1/4 cup So Good™ Unsweetened Almond Milk (60 ml)
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed (250 g)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar (60 g)
- 1/4 cup light flavoured olive oil (60 ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup oat flour – see note (55 g)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted (40 g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line base and two long sides of a loaf tin with a strip of baking paper.
- Combine So Good almond milk, sweet potato, sugar, oil, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add oat flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder to the bowl. Stir to create a thick batter.
- Spread mixture into prepared tin and smooth surface. Bake for 40 minutes, until edges have pulled away from the side of the pan.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool completely before cutting. Store extra brownies in a container in the fridge.
- To make oat flour: pulse rolled oats in a food processor, for a minute or two, to a fine meal. Alternatively, replace oat flour with 1/3 cup wholemeal or whole spelt flour.
- For an extra treat, sprinkle 1 tbsp of hoc-chips, or chopped walnuts, over batter before baking.
- Cooked sweet potato can be roasted or steamed. Remove skin and mash very well – or puree if preferred for a smooth batter.
Saturated Fat (g)1
Dietary Fibre (g)2