- 300g long grain basmati or jasmine rice, soaked for 1 hour, washed, drained
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 cups (750mls) So Good™ Unsweetened Coconut milk
- 1 star anise
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup (100g) sliced mushrooms, for example button, brown or shiitake etc
- 100g snow peas
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp liquid honey
- 1/2 lemon, juice and finely grated zest
- 2 tbs shredded coconut, toasted (optional)
- To serve: fresh herbs, microgreens or baby salad leaves
- In a saucepan, stir fry the rice in 1 tbs of oil for about 3 minutes. Add the So Good™ Unsweetened Coconut milk, star anise and bay leaf. Bring to the boil over a medium to high heat. Cook until the rice has nearly absorbed all of the liquid. Turn the heat to low, cover the pan tightly and cook for a further 10-12 minutes undisturbed. Discard the leaf and star anise.
- Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into small florets and slice the mushrooms and snow peas.
- Heat the second measure of oil in a hot frypan. Quickly cook the vegetables and ginger together, allowing them to brown slightly. Add 2-3 tbs of water to help the vegetables steam. Add the honey, lemon zest and juice. Toss to combine.
- Divide the coconut rice and vegetables between small bowls. Sprinkle with toasted coconut, fresh herbs, microgreens or baby salad leaves to serve.
- Add a poached egg or grilled tofu for extra protein.
Saturated Fat (g)5
Dietary Fibre (g)2.2