- 125g margarine
- 1 orange, rind of
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125g almond meal
- 2 tbs poppy seeds (optional)
- 1 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- ½ cup So Good Regular soy milk
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup sugar
- Place margarine, rind and sugar in a bowl and mix until light and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
- Stir through almond meal and poppy seeds. Stir in ½ the flour with ¼ cup of So Good, then add the remaining flour and So Good.
- Spread mixture into a greased and lined 20cm round tin. Bake in a moderate oven, 180°C, for 40 minutes.
- Combine syrup ingredients in a saucepan. Stir over low-heat until sugar is dissolved, then increase heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove cake from oven; insert a few holes in the cake with skewer. Pour hot syrup over hot cake. Cool cake in tin.
- Lemons or limes make a great substitute if you don't have oranges.
- Make your own caster sugar, by placing raw sugar into a food processor and pulse until the sugar granules become finer.
- Serve with your favourite natural yoghurt.
Saturated Fat (g)6