Coconut rice offers a unique spin on traditional rice dishes. It works superbly with Thai, Indian and other cuisines from South East Asia. This recipe is incredibly simple and easy to make and is ready in just 30 min. With only 4 ingredients, this recipe is super healthy for you and will complement any curry. Made using So Good Coconut Milk Unsweetened to help the rice gain its coconuty flavour, this rice is vegan and dairy free along with being gluten free. Give it a try today for something new and make all your curries taste So Good!
- 1 cup brown jasmine rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup So Good Coconut Milk Unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place rice, water, coconut milk and salt in a heavy based saucepan.
- Bring mixture to the boil then reduce heat to the lowest simmer you can achieve, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stand for 5 minutes then fluff with a fork.
- Serve with your favourite curry.
- Cover rice with water and stand for 1/2 hour. This will reduce the cooking time.
- If you own a rice cooker it can be cooked in it.
- Long grain brown rice can be also used in this recipe.
Saturated Fat (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)