Lasagne is a much loved dish making it an all time crowd favourite. Now not only can you make it vegetarian but vegan too! Hearty and warming, this Vegetarian lasagne is bursting with flavour and packed with vegies for great nutrients. Made using our So Good Regular soy milk, this lasagne has the perfect white sauce and is great served with baked vegies on the side. For a lighter option, you could serve it with a fresh garden salad instead.
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 medium zucchini (courgettes) diced
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 415g can italian style tomatoes, chopped
- 140g carton tomato paste, no added salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 8 lasagne sheets
- ½ cup soy cheese, grated, extra
- 4 tbs flour
- 3 cups So Good Regular soy milk
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
- ½ cup grated soy cheese
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Saute vegetables until tender. Stir through remaining tomato sauce ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place flour in a saucepan or bowl. Gradually add So Good, stirring until smooth. Place over medium heat and stir or microwave on high for 7 minutes, (stirring after every minute) until mixture boils and thickens. Stir through salt and soy cheese.
- To assemble, place a layer of lasagne sheets over the base of a lightly greased 20cm x 33cm ovenproof dish. Spread with half of the tomato mixture, then half the white sauce mixture. Repeat lasagne sheets, tomato and white sauce layers, ending with white sauce. Sprinkle with extra soy cheese.
- Bake in moderate oven, 180°C for 40 minutes.
- Some soy cheeses contain casein, a milk protein, so these cheeses may be unsuitable for those with milk allergies.
Saturated Fat (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)