- 4-5 cups (1 litre) So Good™ Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 vanilla bean (or 1 tsp vanilla paste)
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 tsp rosewater, optional
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tbs raw sugar
Need: 6 x 150ml heatproof ramekins
- Heat the So Good™ Unsweetened Almond Milk, vanilla bean and honey together over a low heat.
- Place the Arborio rice in a heavy-based saucepan and place over a medium heat. Stir in a ladleful of the warmed milk. Keep stirring and adding milk, one ladle at a time, allowing rice to absorb the milk before the next addition. Continue cooking the rice until it is just cooked through, but the sauce is still a little runny, about 18 minutes. Allow to cool slightly. Mix in the rosewater if desired, stirring well to combine.
- Preheat grill. Place three or four fresh raspberries in the bottom of 6 ramekins or heatproof bowls. Spoon rice into over the raspberries, and flatten the top. Sprinkle each dish with a ½ teaspoon sugar and place under the grill, for 5 minutes. Allow the sugar to melt and turn to caramel, keep watch at all times so it doesn’t burn.
- Serve garnished with extra fresh raspberries.
- Rosewater is readily available at supermarkets and good food outlets. It makes a fresh fragrant flavour. It can also be easily left out.
- The rice can be made ahead of time and left covered in the fridge until ready to caramelise. Leave the baked rice in the oven a little longer to heat through.
Saturated Fat (g)0.8
Dietary Fibre (g)1.6