- 3 cups pearl tapioca or sago
- 4 cups So Good Almond Coconut Milk Unsweetened
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 5cm cinnamon stick
- 400g can peaches in light syrup, or 6 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbs coconut nectar or 100% pure maple syrup (optional)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbs caster sugar or coconut treacle
- Cover the sago or tapioca in warm water and soak overnight, or for at least 4 hours before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease the inside of an 8 cup ovenproof casserole dish (with a lid) with a little margarine or spray oil.
- Wash the sago and place it in the ovenproof dish with the vanilla bean cut in half or vanilla paste. Add the cinnamon stick. Pour in the So Good Almond Coconut Milk and stir. Cover and place in oven.
- Cook for 60 minutes, stirring often, until thick and the sago is translucent. Remove from oven. Remove cinnamon stick, then add in the peaches and coconut nectar if using. Stir through.
- Whisk the egg whites until peaks form. Slowly add the sugar or coconut treacle and continue beating for 5 minutes until light and shiny. Spoon the meringue over the top of the sago pudding.
- Return to oven and cook for 10-15 minutes more, until meringue is golden brown.
- Use fresh peaches, nectarines or apricots to freshen up this dessert.
- This dessert is delicious served hot or cold.
Saturated Fat (g)0.5
Dietary Fibre (g)2