- 1kg orange sweet potato (kumara)
- 1 brown onion
- 5 large cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 cups reduced salt vegetable stock
- 3 cups So Good™ Almond Unsweetened
- Black sesame seeds and Italian parsley, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160ºC fan bake. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Peel kumara and dice into 2-3cm pieces. Cut onion into chunky wedges and peel garlic. Arrange on prepared tray, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and roast for 1 hour.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large non-stick saucepan. Add curry powder, cumin and turmeric and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in stock and almond milk, then add roasted veggies. Simmer gently for 5 minutes. Use a regular blender or immersion blender to puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, before ladling into warm serving bowls. Garnish with sesame seeds and parsley, if desired.
- The veggies for this soup can be roasted up to 48 hours in advance.
- Add more almond milk or water if you prefer your soup to be a thinner consistency.
- For a gluten free option, choose gluten free stock
Saturated Fat (g)1
Dietary Fibre (g)7.6