Roasted sweet potato soup
If you’re looking for a healthy way to use a sweet potato our So Good Roasted Sweet Potato Soup recipe is perfect for you. It’s a delicious gluten, cholesterol and dairy free winter warmer. Easy to prepare ahead of time, full of spicy goodness and made with So Good Almond Milk, our sweet potato soup recipe is what family favourites are made of.
- 1kg orange sweet potato (kumara)
- 1 brown onion
- 5 large cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 cups reduced salt vegetable stock
- 3 cups So Good Almond Unsweetened
- Black sesame seeds and Italian parsley, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160ºC fan bake. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Peel kumara and dice into 2-3cm pieces. Cut onion into chunky wedges and peel garlic. Arrange on prepared tray, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and roast for 1 hour.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large non-stick saucepan. Add curry powder, cumin and turmeric and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in stock and almond milk, then add roasted veggies. Simmer gently for 5 minutes. Use a regular blender or immersion blender to puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, before ladling into warm serving bowls. Garnish with sesame seeds and parsley, if desired.
- The veggies for this soup can be roasted up to 48 hours in advance.
- Add more almond milk or water if you prefer your soup to be a thinner consistency.
- For a gluten free option, choose gluten free stock
Saturated Fat (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)