- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1kg peeled pumpkin
- 2 carrot
- 3 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock (or water)
- 1 cup So GoodTM Original Cashew Milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Roughly chop onion, garlic, pumpkin
- Drizzle olive oil into a large saucepan
or stockpot over medium heat. Add
onion and garlic and sauté for 2 - 3
minutes until onion starts to soften.
Add pumpkin and carrot and stir.
- Add stock to the pan, increase heat
to high and bring to the boil. Cover,
reduce heat to low and simmer 20 - 25
minutes, until carrot is tender and
pumpkin easily mashes when pressed
with a fork. Remove pan from stove
and stir through cashew milk.
- Puree soup until silky smooth.
This can be done in the pot with an
immersion stick blender, or carefully
ladle into a heat-proof blender jug.
If using a blender, you may need to
puree in batches.
- Return soup to pan to re-heat if
required, and season with salt and
pepper to taste. Serve warm with
crusty bread and a side salad.
- Soup re-heats and freezes well. Store extras covered in the fridge, or cool completely and divide into lunch-sized servings for the freezer.
- Sprinkle soup with toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) to serve.
- For a flavour boost, add a tablespoon of curry paste or your favourite spices to the onions and cook for a minute before adding the stock.
- For a gluten free option, choose gluten free stock
Saturated Fat (g)1
Dietary Fibre (g)6.2