- 1 3/4 cups So Good™ Unsweetened Almond & Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pumpkin puree
- 1 tbs brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice or quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
Dairy-free maple cream
- 1 cup walnut or pecan halves
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- pinch fine sea salt
- 2 tbs margarine
- 340g firm silken tofu
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, optional
- Whisk together the So Good™ Almond & Coconut Milk Unsweetened, pumpkin, brown sugar, egg and 1 tbs of the oil in a large bowl. Whisk in the flour, cornmeal, mixed spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda until well combined.
- Heat a large non-stick frypan over medium heat. Lightly grease with the remaining oil. Stir batter once more (it will be thick). If batter is too thick, add an extra ¼ cup So Good™ Almond & Coconut Milk Unsweetened or water.
- Spoon 2 tbs of the batter into the pan. Use the back of a tablespoon to spread out the batter to make a 10cm circle. Pancake will be ready to flip when the underside is golden brown and there are bubbles on top, about 3-4 minutes each side.
- Flip and cook the pancake until the centre springs back when pressed. Keep pancakes covered to keep warm.
- Combine nuts, 1/4 cup of the syrup, salt and margarine in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat for a couple of minutes, until the nuts become fragrant and the mixture thickens up a little.
- Blend nut mix with remaining ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor until perfectly smooth. Chill for at least 4 hours to thicken.
- To make 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, peel and remove the seeds from 500g pumpkin. Dice pieces and place in a saucepan and cover with water. Cook on the stovetop for 15 minutes, until tender. Pour through a sieve or colander. Leave to drain, then puree the flesh in high speed blender or food processor, or simply mash with a fork.
- Yams make an excellent substitute for the pumpkin.
Saturated Fat (g)3
Dietary Fibre (g)3.8