- 1 1/2 cups (225g) buckwheat flour
- 1 cup (150g) corn meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 cups (625mls) reduced fat dairy milk or So Good™ Almond milk
- 2* tsp Marmite™
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs olive oil (or spray oil)
- To serve: avocado slices, rocket leaves, pesto and Greek yoghurt
- Mix flour, corn meal, baking powder and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, egg and marmite until well combined and until Marmite™ is dissolved in the liquids.
- Add half of the liquid mix to the flour. Beat well, then stir in remaining liquids. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in frying pan then pour in required amount of pancake batter. Fry one side until bubbles form, flip over and fry other side for 1 minute.
- Serve hot with avocado slices, rocket leaves, pesto and Greek yoghurt.
- *Marmite lovers can add extra 1 tsp of Marmite for a deeper Marmite flavour.
- Serve with dairy free pesto
Saturated Fat (g)1
Dietary Fibre (g)5.9