A delicious bedtime drink, based on the traditional use of turmeric in India. Turmeric has potent anti-inflammatory properties and the addition of some pepper significantly enhances absorption of its active ingredient, curcumin. In some traditional medicines, turmeric is used for coughs and colds, while honey is recommended as a cough medicine by the World Health Organization.
- 2 cups So Good Barista Oat milk
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- pinch ground black pepper
- knob of fresh ginger, sliced
- 4 cardamom pods, bruised
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Place all ingredients, except honey and cinnamon, into a small saucepan and bring almost to boil, stirring constantly.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat and stir in honey to dissolve.
- Strain, discarding ginger and cardamom pods, and serve hot
in mugs with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
- Variation: Use other plant-based milks such as almond milk.
- Mix in a blender before serving to make it foamier.
- Try adding 1 teaspoon of coconut oil for a richer taste.
Saturated Fat (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)