Healthy and warming, our So Good creamy vegetable soup recipe is a delicious winter vegetarian meal option. It’s a cholesterol and dairy free twist on the classic vegetable soup that will be a winner for busy families. Ready in just 30 minutes and packed with the dairy free goodness of So Good Unsweetened Almond milk and vegetables it’s sure to be a people pleaser.
- 2 small carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 small brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 45g margarine
- 1/3 cup plain flour (50g)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups water
- 3 tsp reduced salt vegetable stock powder
- 3 cups So Good Almond Unsweetened
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 cup whole corn kernels
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Finely dice carrots, celery, capsicum and onion. Crush garlic.
- Melt margarine in a large non-stick saucepan on medium-heat, until bubbling. Add carrots, celery, capsicum, onion and garlic. Cook until tender (approximately 5 minutes). Stir in flour, thyme and oregano and cook for 30 seconds. Gradually whisk in water to form a thick sauce.
- Whisk in stock powder and almond milk. Bring to a simmer, then add broccoli, corn and peas. Simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until broccoli is tender.
- Season soup with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into warm serving bowls.
- Parsley or fresh thyme make a nice garnish if you have some on hand.
- For a gluten free option, choose gluten free stock and flour
Saturated Fat (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)