- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, chopped/ almond meal
- 3/4 cup So Good Almond Coconut Milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Grease 20cm cake pan and line the base with baking paper.
- Place dates in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside to soak for 15 mins. Drain well.
- Sift flour, cocoa and bicarbonate together into a large bowl. Stir through sugar, almonds and dates. Whisk together Almond Coconut milk and eggs. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, add milk mixture and stir to combine.
- Fill prepared pan and bake for 20 mins, until just firm. Cool in pan before cutting into squares to serve.
- This recipe can also be made into a loaf, simply place mixture into a loaf tin and cook for 30 minutes.
Saturated Fat (g)<1
Dietary Fibre (g)4