- 1 cup So Good Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 slices wholegrain sourdough, or bread of choice (approx. 330 g)
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and halved
- 50g dark chocolate, finely chopped, divided
- extra cherries
- low-fat Greek yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180°C, lightly coat 6 x 1 cup ramekins with cooking oil spray and place on a tray. Cut bread into 2 cm cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, So Good Almond Milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt, until smooth.
- Add bread cubes, cherries, and half the chocolate to the bowl. Stir well to coat bread with the egg mixture. Leave 10 minutes to absorb, then stir again.
- Spoon the bread and fruit into prepared ramekins, pour over any leftover egg mixture, and press bread down gently with a spoon.
- Sprinkle puddings with remaining chocolate. Bake 20 – 25 minutes, until custard is just set around the edges and tops are golden. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm, or at room temperature.
- If using frozen cherries, allow to thaw slightly.
- Puddings can be prepared the night before up to the end of step 3, then covered and stored in the refrigerator. Allow to come to room temperature for 30 mins before baking.
Saturated Fat (g)3
Dietary Fibre (g)2.2