This vegan carrot cake loaf has the perfect slightly chewy exterior and stays deliciously moist and soft on the inside. It is a crowd favourite and is perfect for desert, a cheeky afternoon snack or even a sneaky breakfast treat. Our carrot cake loaf is dairy free and uses our So Good Soy Regular. Filled with good whole food ingredients, you can't go wrong with this tasty treat.
- 1 cup So Good Soy Regular
- 3/4 packed cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sunflower oil
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 packed cup grated carrot
- 2 ¼ cups wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts + 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 180*C. Grease and line a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the soy milk, brown sugar, sunflower oil, orange zest, orange juice, vanilla extract and grated carrot.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Mix well to combine. (If adding walnuts and raising, gently fold in).
- Transfer batter into loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes or until golden on the outside and a skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- When cool enough to handle, transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy immediately or wrap/store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Saturated Fat (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)