Try this delicious alternative pasta dish using butter beans instead of a traditional tomato based sauce. The beans create a creamy texture that’s low in fat and high in fibre. Made using So Good Soy Milk this quick and easy dish is the perfect option fo rlunch or dinner.
- 250g fettuccine
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 brown onion
- 300g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 cups soy milk or dairy milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 large zucchini (courgette), sliced and steamed
- 1 cup broccoli, steamed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the packet.
- Heat oil in a frypan then saute garlic and onion until golden.
- Add butter beans and stir until heated through.
- Combine flour and milk.
- Place butter bean mixture, parmesan cheese, lemon juice and milk in blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour bean puree back into frypan, add chopped basil, steamed vegetables and salt. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer until mixture slightly thickens.
- Drain fettuccine and stir through sauce. Serve immediately sprinkled with pine nuts.
- Try adding more vegies to this delicious meal; add fresh baby spinach leaves towards the end, or try green beans and peas too.
Saturated Fat (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)