Date & seed breakfast cookies
Our Date and Seed Breakfast cookies are super quick and easy to whip up being ready in just 20 minutes. These dairy free grab and go muffin like cookies are full of goodness for anytime of the day. Perfect as an afternoon snack or desert after tea, these cookies are a nautral source of protein and fibre. They are made with So Good Soy or Almond milk making them a great vegan option for friends and family.
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed (1/2 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk, or So Good Soy or Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup light flavoured olive oil
- 4 Weet-Bix wheat biscuits, finely crushed
- 1 1/4 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped (180g, 12 medjool dates)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line two trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl whisk banana, eggs, milk and oil. Add crushed Weet-Bix wheat biscuits and stir well to moisten.
- Add flour, cinnamon, salt, dates, and seeds, and fold through.
- Scoop heaped tablespoons of batter onto prepared tray and bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies are golden and firm.
- Cool on pan for 2 minutes, then move to a rack and cool completely.
- Throw in some nuts for some extra crunch!
- These cookies make a great snack for any lunch box. Try replacing sunflower seeds with any other seeds to create different textures.
Saturated Fat (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)