- 1/2 cup self raising wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup self raising white flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 ripe pears, peeled and mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup So Good Almond milk Unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil, extra
- To serve, sliced banana, slivered almonds & a drizzle of maple syrup
- Place flours & almond meal in a large bowl.
- Combine vanilla, syrup, oil, banana, pear, eggs and almond milk in a medium jug.
- Make a well in centre of dry ingredients. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix gently.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Lightly grease pan with extra oil and drop 1/4 cup of mixture into pan. Cook until golden and bubbles appear.
- Turn and cook on other side. Repeat with remaining extra oil and mixture. Makes 14 hotcakes
- Make hotcakes in advance for a quick after school snack.
Saturated Fat (g)1.0
Dietary Fibre (g)2.2