Donuts are an all time crowd favourite but after trying these baked chai donuts, you'll never look back. These donuts are perfect on their own, and are even better with a drizzle of caramel source. Made using our So Good Oat No Added Sugar Milk, these donuts are super quick to whip up and are ready in just 22min. These donuts are the perfect naughty afternoon snack or perfect for dessert on a picnic lunch. Wait till your family tries these!
- 1/2 cup So Good™ Oat No Added Sugar Milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising wholemeal flour
For the glaze,
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup So Good™ Oat No Added Sugar Milk
- 1 tsp margarine or dairy-free spread
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Spray a 12-hole doughnut tin with a bit of cooking oil.
- In a mixing bowl combine oat milk, sugar, oil, egg, vanilla, spices and salt. Whisk until smooth. Add flour and whisk again to just incorporate.
- Transfer batter into a large measuring jug with a spout (or a piping bag). Carefully divided into prepared doughnut tin holes.
- Bake for 8 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in tin for 1 minute, then loosen edges and turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- To make the caramel sauce, gently heat sugar and milk in a small pan. Simmer for 3–5 minutes, stirring regularly, until mixture begins to thicken and darken in colour. Remove pan from heat and stir through margarine and cinnamon. Drizzle doughnuts with caramel, or carefully dip tops then transfer to a rack to set.
- If you don’t have a doughnut tin, these bake perfectly as muffins too.
- Spices (cinnamon through cardamom) can be substituted with 2 tsp ground mixed spice blend if preferred.
- If caramel reduces a bit too much, whisk in a splash of warm water to thin.
- Tastes just as delicious without the glaze.
Saturated Fat (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)