- 1/2 cup white plain flour
- 1/4 cup white self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 100g almond meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup So Good soy milk
- 1/4 cup rice bran oil
- 1 cup pie apple (no added sugar), roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 5 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly spray 12 non-stick friand moulds with oil. Cut out oval circles of baking paper and line the bottom of each friand hole.
- Combine flours, icing sugar, almond meal and cinnamon. Add So Good soy milk, oil, apple and blueberries and stir until just combined.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form and carefully fold into mixture. Spoon into prepared moulds and bake for 25-30 minutes. Sit for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling tray and serve dusted with icing sugar.
- If you don't have friand moulds then muffin moulds are a suitable alternative.
Saturated Fat (g)1.5
Dietary Fibre (g)1.8